Blogroll

No Secret at All



0 comments

Dreaming of having a girlfriend never came in my mind; I always envision how my family would look like. And I often have our family as my basis of a happy one (minus scarcity and other problems, of course). I always dream and aim of a perfect family but I’m mature enough to acknowledge that there will be plenty of spices that will come our way. I am so excited to have my own wife and children because my parents let me experience how happy it is. There are major and minor challenges but those never discouraged me to stay firm that I’ll marry at 27 (hopefully) and will have my 3 children (at least? Hehe) -- Mama and Papa treat problems joyfully.

In their 22 years of marriage, I only saw them fight once. That was the time I cannot sleep because I’m scared Mama would leave us. But that misunderstanding did not even last for a week. May be when you’ll ask them what’s the secret of their happy and even getting-stronger relationship, they’ll just say they don’t know or there are no secrets at all. But I think here are the reasons why after 22 years they still sleep together and these are the points I want to remember when I already have my own family.

They love God. My parents are not Christians yet but they are the firsts to teach me how to have a relationship with God. Mama taught me how to talk to God just like a friend and Papa encouraged me to trust Him. God is the center of our family. There were no challenges treated impossible because we know He is bigger than anyone or anything else.

They know each other. Before getting married, my parents were really good friends. They used to work with the same company. And I still see that friendship until now. They know how to make each other laugh, how to appease the other, or the right thing to do when you’re asking something.   

They know life. They got married when Papa’s 28 and Mama’s 26 and I assume they’ve been to a lot of things before committing to be a husband and a wife. They enjoyed every season of their lives and evident that they were ready to have children.

They know their children. What I love about my parents is their love. I can really feel it and may be that’s the reason why they have the best children. Hehe! They let us experience happiness and that is what we give back to them. They have a real relationship with us and they know us so well.

Mama, Papa, God did not let us choose our parents but I am so thankful that you are my mother and father. We might be in testing time right now pero gusto kong alalahanin nyo kung gaano tayo kamahal ng Panginoon. Alalahanin nyo na matatag kayo at iyon ang itinuro nyo sakin. Gusto kong makita na ganoon pa rin kayo -- hindi sumusuko at lagi lang masaya. Minsan nakakapagod, parang walang katapusan, pero tiwala lang! Ang kayamanan ay nasa ating mga ngiti! Naks! Haha! 

I love you, Mama and Papa! Stay sweet as if every day is your wedding and love God more! HAPPY 22nd WEDDING ANNIVERSAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post