Blogroll

5 Ways to Happiness



2 comments
Before, I thought happiness is a choice but eventually I realized it’s a skill. You can’t wake-up in the morning merely saying, ‘I’ll be happy today’. I’m not saying it’s bad, in fact, for me it’s the first step. Being happy is a skill you need to learn. Like any process in life, there is no shortcut. A man wasn't born happy (actually baby cries first during birth, right?J); he needed to learn how to smile, to laugh, and in time make others smile, too.

I remember a friend who asked me how I manage to keep calm and be happy despite the unnecessary circumstance. Straightway I said, ‘I don’t know’, and then I was puzzled. How do I really treat the things that hinder me to be happy? Thanks to that friend because that question brought me to these words now. And this will also serve as a written reminder to me whenever I need to re-learn happiness. Also, I want to help that friend by sharing these answers to his question.

On my part, here’s the five ways I consider to maintain my handsome-ness (I mean my happiness J). But you know what, being joyful really helps you to be the you-don’t-look-your-age guy or gal. At least, these ways work for my case and I discovered these entirely on my own experience. Probably, these will thoroughly help you or these will (in some point) help you ponder on your own ways to happiness. By the way, since these also serve as a reminder to me, allow me to speak in second person without making an impression that I’m the Mr. I-Know-Everything.

PLAY WITH NUMBERS. Know your priorities; who or what to be the first and the last. In my case, my priorities are these: (i) God; (ii) Family; (iii) Work/Career and; (iv) Friends. I see these categories never to be changed or added my entire life though I still don’t have a girlfriend because I know eventually she’ll fall on family.J Your priority list needs to be firm that way. Because if not, you’ll only get frustrated why everything doesn’t work good. Just like in organizing, planning should always come first. Who’s the planner in the first place? Isn’t it God? I hope your first priority is Him alone also.

When you know who or what to choose, you’ll always make the right decision. This always happen to me and I know to you, too. Aside from the fact that this way always whispers you the right choice, it is also a good time-saver. You’ll realize when you know your priorities that you are not wasting a moment. Let’s go back in planning -- you can’t implement something when it is not planned; you’ll only waste time and resources. Lastly, playing with numbers keeps good relationships. They said the secret to a happy relationship is time. And you can’t give time to someone if you don’t know when to give it to them. You can’t give ENOUGH time to something or someone when you are juggling things or (I hope not) people.

USE YOUR OWN SHOES. Be unique! You don’t need to fit in someone else’s shoes. We are born with different talents, skills, likes, and passion. What makes you happy may be or may not be the things that make others happy; chances are those things make them sad. When you know what shoes fit you, you’ll not be tempted to try other people’s footwear -- you’ll not get insecure.  You’ll see yourself fighting and fulfilled. Find your niche and sing your song!

The horizon is wide and dreams are given to each and every one. It’s more rewarding to tick in your own boxes of goals in life. No one can erase and change the purpose God has painted in your life EXCEPT Him alone. People that surround you may say otherwise or your environment is building an unending blocks but never give-up. And keep moving! Because may be yes you are wearing your own shoes, but you are not using it. If you know you’re good at something, work out to be better. Never get tired to learn from your mistakes. Aim for the best. Embrace success!

LAUGH ALONE. If you’re alone in an island and all the resources you need to survive for one year are there, will you LIVE? Life isn’t a survival quest; rather, it’s a living game. You need your family and friends, but accept the fact that there will come a day you’ll live alone (hugging just your pillow, listening only to your MP3, and talking to yourself). When that day comes, you need to laugh alone; you need to learn to find happiness on your own.

I am not saying you fake your smiles or you make fool of yourself. Rather, learn to be independent! Smile a real smile or laugh a loud laugh though nobody’s around. I think this will work when you know who you are and you are living the life you want to live. When you are on that island, will you take the risk to discover something? That might be a new game out of shells; new species of birds; new ways to build fire; or new constellation of stars. How you could do that, I don’t know, too. But isn’t that fun and exciting? And last question, when you are in that island alone, will you still praise God? How will you talk to Him? Thank Him or ask several questions?

GET RICH. I know wealth will lead you to happiness -- to limited or to unending one. I want the latter but I am not talking of money here. Precious things on earth are more than just that. I am talking about getting rich in relationship. Live more for more friends, relatives, teachers, and buddies!

Last month I wrote about the Influential People in my life. These people are just some of my richness. As I have said, choose an unending wealth. Befriend the right people! These people accept who you are and do not coerce you to change to fit in the clique. And eventually, these are the people who will tell you bluntly the things you need to change.  They will help you to become better.

SWALLOW GIANTS. Make the impossible! Who can tell what are the impossible in this world anyway? If God says you to do this, never think-twice. Even though that is to walk from east to west.

For me the first step to trusting God is to dream big. When you have dreams in life, you have goals and you know where you want to go. It’s never easy to get to your destination. However, instead of taking it as a hard task, take it as a challenging course. When you have dreams, you are living. And when you are already there, give all the glory back to God.


There you have it! LIVE LIFE! THRIVE! 

2 comments:

Unknown at: July 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown at: July 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM said...

just now i have read this blog haha bakit nga ba ndi ko to nakita? hehe..

true that bunso! I like the getting rich part bunso! getting rich with memories and people is far important than being rich in wealth and money. :D

waiting for more blogs bunsooooooooooo.. :D

Post a Comment

newer post older post