Blogroll

When Trapped, Remember Who You Are



0 comments
I am the type of person who wants to learn things my own way. I love discovering new things, creating new tastes, and even perceiving new wisdom. Well, at least for me they were new; because often I would eventually realize the idea was already born. It feels like a scientist – just assuming I know the feeling of uncovering something scientific – when you unearth a “treasure”. The feeling was temporary because as I've said the treasure was before searched but what eternal is the learning.

These discoveries are what I am made up today. I loved playing alone may be because I was (pretending I am no longer) short, thin, and deprived. So I strove. I wanted to prove to many that I can do it alone. I admired to be the epitome of success in independence.

I grew up insecure. I remember one summer I would peek at our window and cry on my pillow after a minute. “Someday I will bring my family to the pool. We will have our own excursion,” I would declare while sobbing. I wanted to do it myself. I was so confident I can.

I was like that. I chased my dreams because of a lot of insecurities. I was wise who I would befriend with; segregated who will cause harm and who will give benefits. But all these, the Lord knew (Psalms 139:1). He already perceived my thoughts and is very familiar with all my ways (Psalms 139:2-3).

In some point I succeeded. But it was an empty victory. I realized I was not created like that. For God created my inmost being; He knitted me together in my mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13). I created myself and knitted darkness that covered me. When I am trapped again in this darkness, I would just remember who I am – that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.


I remember my first year working. I got a very hard supervisor. He would make you feel idiot and poor. I really thank God for reminding me who He is in my life during those days. In many days, I would just look in the mirror and remember who I am. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post