Blogroll

For More Birthdays



0 comments


Today is my birthday. To celebrate, I planned to travel alone. I envisioned myself discovering places up north; Zambales and Aurora were among the options. I wanted to spend more time to discover myself and to hear more from the Lord. I was thrilled to step on the beach and witness the sun rise and set, because I MISS THAT SO MUCH. Sadly, Typhoon Ineng became a threat.

So, instead of travelling far, my plan B was to wait for dusk in Manila Bay after watching a movie (alone). However, the sun doesn’t really want to see me or doesn’t want me to see him. Thus, I ended up eating dinner with my friends after watching Fantastic 4 (which I enjoyed too).

I was a bit disappointed but I realized may be this was how God wanted me to spend my birthday. From what had happened today, I understood that I am already depriving myself of the things I should’ve enjoyed. I believed I’ve known myself better. I don’t know myself that much because I was not aware of these things I needed. From this day forward:

I need to be more joyful. The past months I felt like lacking some joy. To those who were affected by this, aside from saying ‘I’m sorry’, I’d like to say, ‘Could you please help me be more joyful?’ Life is diverse, Cervin! Do not complicate things. You have the capacity to make a difference but you cannot always make things different. Leave it to God Who has greater plans.

I need to be more thankful. A friend sent a text message to greet and told me she read one of my articles entitled “White’s Darkness”. I forgot what it is about so I read it again. I am now in almost the same situation when I wrote it. But I still choose to thank God.

I need to love more. As love multiplies, it shall also increase. I’ve been sacrificing some love for a new one. I did not realize real love grows.

I need to learn more. There’s a lot to discover in this world. Instead of envying others, I need to create an inspiration. I should start learning on things I know will make an impact. I shall live my purpose.

I need to dream more. Not fear more. Do not let your situation dictate you. If you know your purpose, do something aside from knowing. Move! Dreaming is boring when you’re dreaming the same thing. Make new dreams out of a dream.

I need to believe more. Make a bold resolve! Remember, ‘believing triggers the power to do’.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post