Blogroll

‘What’ is Your Friend?



0 comments
I remember this teacher from college (before I knew Christ) whom we admired because of her intelligence yet we hated because of how she teaches. She calls herself a ‘restorative’ writer and glorifies [only] God with her articles. Of course weak as I was that time, I was one of those who said, “How would that (restorative writing) benefit us in the future?”  

Let me share one of my works with her; and shall I say one of my best outputs in college. It’s an article aimed to fight with the negative effects of internet, of course, through our restorative articles as journalists. I remember how I was shocked when my teacher commended my work and even told me that she would have written the same with the topic.


But when given a chance to add something on the write-up, I would include the issue on the social networks being the tools of everyone to disclose their feelings. Are you one of those who reveal everything on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram than in person? Do you rant often on social media and seldom tell your emotions to your friends, boss, or parents?

Once in my life I was guilty doing these. But after acknowledging God in my life, I learned to make my social media accounts as records of happiness and optimism. I would like to relate this to the preaching we had this afternoon at church. We learned how to act in times of injustice and remember that God is a righteous judge.

Two points were discussed. First, we should 'guard our heart and don’t get even'. Truly it is challenging to love your enemies.  But would it be more crucial when our God would judge us? Are you not sinful and will be saved when that happens? Let me encourage everyone to just pray for protection. Social media should not be a tool to do revenge.  Let it not be our barrier with our friends or family. Do not commit another sin for a sin. Second, we need to 'trust God and let Him vindicate us'. God knows everything, thus, he knows if you are guilty or not. Have faith and wait for His justification.

Everyone…HAPPY THOUGHTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post