Blogroll

He Stayed in Our Game



1 comments
"It's a little bit painful, but I'd rather be in the game in pain, rather than sitting in the sidelines watching".
"I'm hurting but I'm here".
"One of the best things you can do when you're hurting is go out and help somebody else that is hurting".
"If you move forward, God will take your scars and turn them into stars for His glory".
"When you honor God especially in a tough time, when you could be complaining but instead you are praising, that gives the enemy a nervous breakdown".

These lines are from Joel Osteen’s sermon entitled “Stay in the Game”. After a friend introduced this pastor from Lakewood Church to me, I became fascinated by his preaches. Since then, I downloaded his application to my mobile phone and listened to him whenever and wherever I want. But surprisingly on this certain ‘Stay in the Game’ sermon, I found the words that truly pierced my heart; probably because I am in a situation that relates on this…but really not. And having moved by this preaching, I listened to it for the nth time.

Eventually, I realized why this sermon struck me the most.  When you listen to the preaching, it’s all about fighting though you are in a tough situation. I found it ironic because I am certainly not into that condition (though facing challenges which I know are given). I am even in a fueled state of hoping that God has something for me everyday. After the nth time of listening to it, I knew His purpose; and I have been thrilled to make this blog.

I've attempted to make and maintain a blog before -- something that would showcase MY entire experiences on food, travel, people, gadgets, work, friends, family, etc. Fortunately, it didn't work out. Yes, you read it right, FORTUNATELY. Because when it happened to be successful, I should have glorified myself alone. I really thank God for keeping me busy and not thrilled to right at that time. Now He spoke to me that I was called not to glorify anything or anyone BUT HE ALONE (even on my blog).

Well, I know this topic would be the best kick-off. ‘Stay in the Game’ has given me a different angle on ‘surviving’. I reminisced how I was when I wasn't with God and when I was starting to know Him. He stayed in our game. I understood that He never left me even when I did not recognize Him. He was moving though my relationship with Him was stagnant.

He Led Me

I was in catholic faith for almost 19 years. Those years were chained-times with beliefs, saints, feasts, and penance. However, that wasn't that miserable too. I was not on drugs, alcohol, peer pressure, or sex. And that’s what I am thankful to God for.

He so love me that even on those times that I was not with Him, He still worked on my life. I know that He planned to give me loving parents & friends and exposed me with tough times with equipped heart. I know that he gradually led me to His side.

During those walks when I assumed I was alone, He did not just sit on the sidelines and watched me stumble. I know He's hurt when I don’t please Him but He is still with me now. When I came to appreciate all these, I can’t help but cry and thank God.

I want to encourage everyone to go back to the times when you felt alone. And focus on how you managed to overcome those hard days. It is not yourself or anybody you need to thank but God. And those who are facing challenges now, hold on to His promise that He’ll never leave. Sometimes, being strong isn't the solution…it’s being with HIM. Don’t force your God to sit on the sidelines ‘coz He will never will.

Joel Osteen's 'Stay in the Game' Preaching

1 comments:

Unknown at: October 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM said...

this had strucked me too.. Let us all stay in the game.. ☺

Post a Comment

newer post